August 27, 2007

"No living man am I! You look upon a woman."

Éowyn and the Witch-King of Angmar by MW Kaluta


We have been watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy on and off, as they have been playing in on cable this week. I am absolutely not a LOTR scholar, I must say...I have only seen the movies. Chuck has read and is pretty well versed in it though, so he always has some great input.

Last night, we did catch the part where Eowyn defeats the Witch-King, which was a pretty kick butt girl scene. Yeah, I actually yelled out "you go girl!", much to Chuck's chagrin. Eowyn seems to fit perfectly in my thinking lately about heroines. She is one hero/heroine of many in the series, and I am fascinated by her story.

Just a quick post today, with two video clips of the scene. One from the Peter Jackson version I watched last night and the other from the Rankin-Bass animated version, which seems to have more accurate dialogue than Mr. Jackson's.

I have had a hard time with You Tube loading slowly today, so these might not show up properly...maybe later. Edited...yeah the videos are not showing up, so I found a great illustration from a fantasy great, MW Kaluta, for an extra dose of eye candy and linky goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment