July 1, 2007

Rainbow Repost

Ok, I don't usually post on Sundays, but I saw today's post by my friend Margot Potter and I am going to totally steal her idea, and repost an older post about rainbows myself.

This post was from June 23, 2006...right around this time last year. It was significant becaus emy show at Bead & Button had not gone as well, and I returned feeling down and in a bit of a panic about my career. I saw these rainbows travelling through Chicago and they broung me new inspiration. I think of all that I accomplished in the last year and I am very grateful and satisfied with the work that I have done.

We have returned form the show and are just about settled back into regular working schedules. The show stuff is mostly put away, banking is done, and things are looking more sane around here. The show was disappointing sales wise, but we had a great time and met lots of great people and got bunches of new ideas!
On the long drive home from Milwaukee to Detroit, right around Chicago, we were surprised to have clear roads through the city and the biggest rainbow I have ever seen! It stretched all the way across the sky...couldn't even fit it all in the camera! And if you look very closely in the last picture, you can see it was actually a double rainbow, with the second one also stretching across the whole sky above the bright one. It was very hard to see with the naked eye...somehow I could see it really well with my sunglasses on.
Anyways, the rainbow was a good positive end to kind of a bummer of a weekend, and it gives me hope for what's ahead...

4 comments:

  1. Now THAT'S a rainbow! WOW!

    Most auspicious sign indeed.

    Enjoy the day!
    Margot

    ReplyDelete
  2. and look at you now! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I was talking about rainbows with a friend just yesterday... nice omens!

    I saw a triple one, once, and wish I understood the math: in the same way that the second rainbow is a reflection of the first, this third rainbow seemed to be a reflection of the second, but at a very flattened, broad angle. Any scientists in the house able to explain that? Off to Google triple-rainbows :)

    Congrats on seeing the good things about your show :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that aobut rainbows, and I don't think I have ever seen a triple! They are magical to me!

    ReplyDelete