July 26, 2007

Formed from Earth

I have been so behind and caught up in things, I never posted a picture of my ceramic bead article in Simply Beads. Tari of Clay Buttons, who is shown in the article, took this quick picture. Look, that's little me in the corner!
I am so pleased to have worked on that article and to have been able to feature 14 of my friends and peers in ceramic beads within the pages. It was a lot of work, but well worth it. The article sort of marks an important point for me in the Beads of Clay community that I helped form almost 4 years ago. Some of our goals in the beginning were about raising awareness and educating about ceramic beads. Back then, it was difficult for clay beadmakers, and we were greatly overshadowed by glass, polymer, and PMC. But now I think the medium has come into its own, and I am happy for anything I may have done to help that happen, and am proud of my accomplishments toward that end.

1 comment: