July 13, 2007

Foolish Mistakes

The Fool card from the Salvador Dali Tarot Deck


"Mistakes are almost always of a sacred nature. Never try to correct them. On the contrary: rationalize them, understand them thoroughly. After that, it will be possible for you to sublimate them." ~Salvador Dali



Ok, now that my crisis has ended and I can look back and laugh and learn, I will share it with you. I made a big mistake that has caused me significant stress in the last week. As some of you know, I have been working on a couple of chapters for a book on ceramic beads. If all goes well, my projects will be featured in the book, and it has been something really important to me.


Well, I was supposed to get some professional slides done to submit to the book, and I ran short of time (between filling orders, doing my shows, and not being able to decide what to have photographed) Anyway, I was getting down to the wire, but I finally shipped off my pieces to a photographer. Except I switched boxes, and sent him a customer's order instead, and sent the customer my slide beads.



So I was very unsure if I was going to be able to have them in time, and I was devastated. I really sort of beat myself up over it. But, I also realized in the process that I have way too many things going on, and that I need to make some changes in my working habits, as well as with my involvement in the many projects I have in my life, because my mistakes are becoming too frequent, and I simply cannot do it all.



But the good news is that the photographer, Larry Sanders really came through for me and rushed my job, and I am sitting here with 3 sets of beautiful, professional slides of my beads...something that I have never had before. And with the postmark deadline being Monday before I leave for my vacation, I am feeling so relieved that my mistake was able to get fixed, and I feel less foolish now. We all screw up, right?

3 comments:

  1. I know you are busy but I gave you an award today. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jean, thats a fun award. I will bestow my awards to others after my vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that everything worked out! What a horrible feeling you must have had when you discovered the packages had been switched. I can't wait to see your slides at some point. Have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete