July 4, 2007

Art Bead Scene Challenge: Mermaid's Grotto

Happy holiday everyone! Just a quick post here to tell you about the new monthly challenge that we posted at Art Bead Scene. The theme is Mermaid's Grotto, so the challenge is to make something with art beads that has to do with mermaids, the ocean, the beach. So many fun options there and at a perfect time, when many of us are dreaming about our summer vacations. There are some great prizes from Mamacita Beadworks and Coliebug Beads. I was lucky to be the one to receive them this month so I have them sitting here with me and I am seriously tempted to steal them myself! But they will be happy to go to one random winner who posts a picture in our Flickr group for ABS.


I am thinking of this theme as well as I get ready to work on some stringing today. I mean it this morning! I didn't get to my bead table yesterday so today the beading force is strong! I will leave you with a video and song that I just can't watch/listen to enough. It is sad and beautiful, and full of oceanic imagery. "Into the Ocean" by Blue October:


No comments:

Post a Comment