June 19, 2007

Oh no! I've been tagged!

I have gone a long time without the dreaded meme tag, but alas, my luck has ended. Just kidding, it's fun. Anyway, Lori tagged me on her blog Gal-Lori with these questions

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Oh, I shudder to think! 10 years ago I had just graduated from college and was struggling trying to make my way in the real world. I was working retail and I spent some time teaching. Working as little as possible to get by so I could spend as much time on my business and art fairs, while still trying to save up for a house. It was a difficult time.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
One year ago I had returned from the Bead & Button show, which was not as good for me last year, and had been in a bit of a panic about where my career was going. At this time last year, I had never written an article, and was thinking about giving that a try, which I now see was a great decision. I had just launched the shopping cart version of the website for the first time, so I was still working out the bugs there.

Five snacks you enjoy:
Japanese candy! Mostly the really chewy kinds or fizzy kinds
Popcorn with Earth Balance and Parmesan cheese
Milk chocolate, with caramel or mint or fruit
Coffee...is that a snack?
cheezy crunchy chips or crackers

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
There are so many! My taste in music is very lyrically driven, so I tend to know full albums. Here are 5 albums I either know or and working on knowing all the lyrics to:

Elvis Costello and Brodsky Quartet: Juliet Letters
Sam Roberts: Chemical City
Lily Allen: Alright Still
Alanis Morrisette: Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie
Billy Bragg: Reaching to the Converted

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Ok, besides save the world and all that stuff?

-Have a great home in the mountains
-With a separate studio for me and Chuck
-Full of awesome kilns and tools
-With a space for others to work or have classes
-And a personal chef and cleaning crew

Five bad habits:
Not taking enough time out for myself
Waiting too long to eat when I am hungry and then eating bad things
Not putting away my messes
Not screwing the lid on tight enough (food, toothpaste, glaze, etc)
Leaving my Ipod in the car

Five things you like doing:
Playing in clay
Beading and wirework
Snuggling my hubby and dog
Walking in the woods
Laughing with friends

Five things you would never wear again:
Mascara or eyeliner
High heels (not that I ever did, but I wanted to)
Blouses that need ironing
Flesh colored nylons
Full foundation

Five favorite toys:
Hello Kitty anything
San-X stickers and stationery
Beads. Beads. Beads. Is that a toy? Sometimes it is...
Crayons and Playdoh
Star Wars and other action figures (what can I say, my brother had so many and I frequently stole them to play with)

So that's it! Now I get to do the tagging, and I am lucky to have a fresh crop of new bloggers who just started blogs to be part of the new Beads of Clay blog, so I am tagging them:

Ladybrook Designs
Yolanda's Clay Bead Talk
Gaea Beads
Thoughts from Helen's Melon
Celt Craft Designs

6 comments:

  1. I remember you 10 years ago! It doesn't seem that long. Im glad you stuck to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, yeah 10 years ago I would have done a few of my first shows. I think maybe it was 1996 for my first bead show. Time flies, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I saw some very nice seashells recently in one of the bead mags. I know they were En'W. Will they be up anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice.
    Yep, the shells were in Stringing magazine. They are available on my Terra Trinkets page on my website. Here is a link:

    http://www.earthenwoodstudio.com/html/terra_trinkets.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the laugh over the flesh colored nylons...those were just awful! ~Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Virginia,
    The funny thing is that I am so pale, there was never a "flesh" tone to suit me! Opaque white tights would have been a better match, lol!

    ReplyDelete