June 16, 2007

I do not like to write - I like to have written. ~Gloria Steinem


Well, I have had almost a week to recover from the show and I am slipping back into work slowly. Today is just a quick post, because I have three articles to write this weekend. I am usually very good with my timelines and schedules, but I put these off because of the show, and now I have to buckle down and get them done and shipped by Monday.

It is so odd to work with magazine schedules...it puts me a little out of sorts. For example, these articles are for Feb 2008, so they are very Valentiney, which is an odd thing to be thinking about in the heat of summer. I am also thinking about other Winter submissions, so I have to adjust to thinking about winter colors and imagery.


Ok, so I posted a picture of pencils above, because they are cute and make me think of writing. But I do all my writing at the computer at this point. Its so much easier to cut and paste this way, and I am a terrible typist, so the thought of transcribing something from paper to computer, where it needs to end up anyway, is unpleasant to me and feels like it is not a good use of time.

So off I go, to meet my deadline, and write the best articles I can. And I will do this between a trip to the Royal Oak clay and glass art fair today and a visit with my parents and brother tomorrow. Better get cracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment