June 23, 2007

Flying and Buzzing

Yesterday I was very excited to find the newest issue of Simply Beads in my mailbox! I have been waiting for this day for almost a year. You see, last August, I jumped on the opportunity to write an article about ceramic beads. A real article, not just step by step projects. And after months of organizing, collecting the beads for photography, and writing, it is finally out. I will tell more about it in the upcoming weeks as it hits newsstands. Right now it is just out to subscribers.

I am also happy that I had two projects in the magazine. One is Fairy Flight, which is shown above. It is the first project that I have done using one of my fairies, which is strange, because they are probably my oldest series of beads. I have been making these little gals for a LONG time! I am really proud of this design...it is full of clay and images of flowers and flying things.

Speaking of flying things, yesterday I felt a little cooped up in the house, and it was lovely outside, so Chuck accommodated me with a fine outdoor barbecue dinner...some chicken breasts and grilled veggies, with a sweet teriaki sauce. Yum! Anyway...I was outside, cleaning out the old car that we are going to donate, and as I fished around in the trunk, a hornet buzzed out and gave me a couple of bites. OUCH! It happened so fast and I didn't get fully stung, with the stinger and all, but he got me on my neck and finger. Geez, how can such a small thing hurt so much...its like a little electric shock! I am ok, I was just startled...I detest buzzing things with stingers! I took some benadryl and cleaned up, and then enjoyed my delicious dinner, just a little shaken.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful necklace..and congrats on the article. I can't wait to get my issue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the article and sorry about the hornet sting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I am very happy about it all. Not the hornet sting, but that is almost forgotten by now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the article, I know it will be terrific exposure for you and for ceramic beads in general! Keep up the great work (not that you need to be encouraged to work your tail off!)

    ReplyDelete