May 30, 2007

mmm...pancakes

Well I sorta took the day off today. I had to go to the dentist to get a temporary filling fixed so I figured the day was pretty much shot. And the dentist is near my parent's house, so I took the dog over and we just had a nice afternoon.

My dad, knowing that I would come back with a sore mouth, made his "famous" apple pancakes for me, which I never have had right out of the oven. It involved apples, batter, obscene amounts of sugar and butter, and a cast iron skillet. He has been experimenting with the recipe to get a House of Pancakes type meal. It was delicious!

So kinda a chilled back day. Did some shopping and some errands. Tonight I will do some packaging for Bead & Button, since wet work is over. It is weird not making beads at night, since my daily routine almost every evening is bead making for 3-4 hours, but there are other things that need to be done.

Here is a song that about sums up my leisurely day, one of my favorites by Jack Johnson. He seems to prefer Banana Pancakes, but I will stick with Dad's apple pancakes...


No comments:

Post a Comment