April 5, 2007

Terra Trinket Ideas

I have been excited to play with these new charms ever since I started making them, and the more frequent chirping of the birds outside as Spring approaches sent me right over the edge!

The necklace uses brown waxed linen cord, knotted with turquoise and green seed beads, and little gold plated pewter accents. Four charms form the center: a bird nest, a pinecone, a brown bird, and a new size of leaf charm. There is a Surf & Turf Twiggy bead that forms a button clasp too.

The bracelet is a simple charm style beaded bracelet with a seed bead toggle loop and a brass toggle bar. Seed beads, glass round and leaf beads, and gold plated pewter make up the bracelet, with more Terra Trinket charms, including a bird at the clasp.I love them and am really pleased with these color combinations. I even used gold colored findings, which I never do! So I think it was a successful challenge to myself!

What would you make with these new charms?

5 comments:

  1. What a treat! Wonderful work Melanie!...as usual!!!! the birds are so cute!! yes, spring is here!!The bracelet & necklace look so yummy to wear & show off!! I know more of your goodies are on the way..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! I am having a lot of fun with these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love 'em! The birds remind me of the carved wood bird beads, I've seen before.
    An entire necklace of different colored birds would be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah! all three colors on a necklace would be cool!

    I am dreaming this morning about trying 3 new birds: a cardinal, a robin, and a hummingbird. Let's see if that idea lasts until beadmaking tonight...

    What other birds would be cute, I wonder? Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete