March 11, 2007

Reflections

Check out this neat picture! I was heading to take a shower and this reflection was on the wall outside of the bathroom. It was only for a moment, long enough for me to grab the camera. It is a reflection of the sun through the kitchen window, bouncing off of light from a car in the street. I was only able to take a single picture, and it was gone. Awesome!

I have been doing some reflecting myself lately (nice segue, huh?). I am about to embark on an exciting new blog project that I am excited about. It is top secret still, but it will be all about writing and designing jewelry and making beads...all of which are really important in my life right now. Bead making has been very important to me for many years, but the writing and designing are somewhat new, and I am spending a lot of time thinking about the importance of these things in my current process.

So one of the things I am doing for this new project is trying to write in my blog daily, and reading other blogs about beads too. So if you have a blog about beads, please leave me a comment! I will add you to my blogroll.

6 comments:

  1. Tari of claybuttons.comSunday, March 11, 2007

    What a great photo!
    I am with you on doing the blogging thing daily. It's tough some days with everything else that needs to be done. Let's remind each other.
    Your new jewelry design are great. Congrats on being published so many times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tari! And I think it will be good to remind each other to blog regularly! I just have to make it a habit: coffee and blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just testing your comment thang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine SmithMonday, March 12, 2007

    Hi Melanie!!Lovely picture!!
    All this talk on BoC about blogging has me considering to do it.
    You do bring up great points about it!!! and it really is wonderful way for sharing thoughts we have on our work...and you do fabulous work Melanie and all your published work...wonderful accomplishments!!! You will just continue to grow & create!! it's a real joy to be sharing from our hearts & hands...thanks for opening doors!!!! Warmly, Christine of LadyBrook Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine, You should! It is a lot of fun and a great tool!
    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning! Time for coffee and blogging! :)
    Tari

    ReplyDelete