March 1, 2007

Recent articles and press


I am happy to announce that I have had a few projects published in the newest issue of Stringing Magazine! It is such a thrill to see my things in print, and I am particularly happy with these designs!

This necklace is called Vine Ripened Beads, and has my little snack charm soybeans with Green Girl's pewter peapods. So cute! There are luster green Czech glass and Austrian crystals mixed with seed beads as well, making for a very green, gardeny necklace.

This bracelet was also in Stringing Magazine, along with the matching earrings below. This design is based on teh jewelry I made and I wore at my wedding, where I was dressed in an amethyst Renaissance styled dress, so it has special meaning.


Here are the matching earrings, tiny charm links with sparkly crystals wired onto them, dangling from cool pewter ear posts.



I also have a project in Simply Beads, for their Victorian themed section. The Sunflowers and Cream necklace uses a button link and creamy pearls and pewter. Very lace like and vintage.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Hooray for busting your ass (I assume), and getting rewarded with some great publicity! Congrats, you deserve it :)

    X.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks! I have been doing a bit o' busting! I am really enjoying designing these projects...more than I even thought I would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratuations, Melanie! Those are awesome necklaces and fab designs! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete