March 20, 2007

New Pendant Design

I mentioned a new pendant in the last couple of posts but haven't shown it yet. Here it is! This is a big chunky pendant, very organic and art nouveau inspired. I really enjoy it! It reminds me of those big carved jade pendants a little bit. I am still working on making it smaller so that I have several sizes. I am also working on more to make it the first in a series of very natural, textured, carved chunky pendants that I will be calling Earthly Elements. They are especially beautiful to me in the earth toned glazes, but I sold a purple and bright red one at the show yesterday, so I guess they are enjoyable in those colors too! Look for them on the website soon.

6 comments:

  1. ...reminds me of a wave coming on shore! love the flowing feel of the design Melanie!!! many ideas can go with this one!! your work is always impressive & beautiful!!
    Thanks for sharing!! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, Thanks for the comment! I actually designed this to use in a necklace that I was making that I wanted to have a beachy feel to it. The necklace has glass pebble like beads and that metal mesh tubing. I will post a picture of it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed these pendants in your previous post - so pretty! I love the art deco feel and the beachiness, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie,
    Thanks! I am really enjoying them! They are actually a bit of a throwback to the beads I made in college when I first started making beads. I just recently got some of my old beads out and I am going to start photographing them and showing them, because I never documented them while in college.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh! A bead retrospective! These are really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gaea, thanks! I have this big box here of old pieces to photograph. Perhaps I will start today! Thanks for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete