February 14, 2007

Snow Day

Well we are pretty buried in snow here. Thankfully I don't need anything out in the real world, so I can stay in and work. Even my Yoga class tonight has been cancelled. The only thing that calls to me out there is the fact that we are out of coffee. But we did make it out before the storm for some gourmet Valentine's chocolates, so I think that will do in its place. I made a big batch of turkey chili yesterday so I don't even have to cook today.

I really don't mind being stuck inside. I guess I am a bit of a hermit. I could never be accused of being claustrophobic...I love small enclosed places. I really like settling into a little space and making it comfy, like a nest. On the other hand, I have always been somewhat afraid of big, open places, especially when there are lots of people around. Agoraphobia, fear of the market place. I am much better now, but I used to get big panic attacks when I was younger. In the past years, I have done so many big shows with lots of vendors, I feel much more calm in a crowded place. I do still avoid the mall at Christmas and big concerts though. I would rather just stay in with my little groups of friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment