December 16, 2006

When Life Gives You Lemons...


So here are the results from the PMC test I did yesterday on my accidentally over fired porcelain pendants. I am really pleased! They look like cast pewter. I used a metal brush on these four and the earrings but want to try putting them in my rock tumbler to shine them up a little more. I scrubbed really hard with the brush to make sure the metal didn't wear off and it is solid! I am going to finish up the Breathe one and start wearing it around.

I am really excited about this and am starting to think about how I can incorporate this PMC in my work regularly. I really didn't use very much at all (it is very costly to work with in large amounts) so perhaps I can actually create a limited line of beads or pendants with PMC and be able to sell them reasonably. I really want to try a pendant with a partially glazed area, so the metal and PMC are next to each other in the same piece.

4 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful. I would definitely be in line to buy.

    I am so pleased with my previous order.

    Rita
    (gluebelly @ yahoo .com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I do hope to add these to my Muse Stone line in the spring...I have to do a little more research first!

    Thanks for the compliments!
    melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely wonderful! I'm wondering if you could, in your testing, do one that said I heart therapy.

    with the heart being a heart shape.

    Not sure what the price would be for something like that, but in all your "testing", one-off pieces, and I wouldn't care if it wasn't perfect, I'd be happy to pay to be a test-subject for em. hee hee.

    ReplyDelete