November 9, 2006

My Article for Stringing Magazine

My first article for Stringing magazine is on book shelves now! There is one full page article for the Harvest Goddess Amulet with full instructions. Also in this issue are pictures of the matching harvest bracelet and two earring designs.

The necklace and bracelet are both made with brown waxed cotton cord and knotted around Earthenwood pumpkin beads and veggie charms. Copper leaves and silver spacers accent the fall colors and some small Greek spacers are intermixed to add more texture and color to the pieces. Both have centerpieces of hollow glass beads by Rejiquar lampwork, filled with seeds for the garden, to add extra thoughts of nature and growth to the amulet.

4 comments:

  1. THAT IS SO COOOooool!!!

    I absolutely LOVE Stringing; the name makes it sound so simple, but it's actually the most amazing thing, an awesome springboard of ideas! It has sparked so many ideas in me, and started necklaces that you MIGHT be able to tell started with inspiration from a necklace there and then went a really my way!

    I LOVE this necklace. I love what the peeps did with your supplies in a beading magazine a few issues ago, too!

    (I'm the one who suggested choco dipped strawberries, and I'm loving the ones you sent me! I'm wondering about a white choco dipped one, and then I could make a bracelet that mixes both!! and some undipped, too . . . . !)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi strawberry person! I remember. White chocolate ones would be cute.. I could do those...

    Yes, Stringing is definately one of my very favorite bead mags. SO many great pictures and not a lot of way complicated instructions, you know? I am more of a stringer/wire person and not so much a beadwork person.

    Thanks for your comments and compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Melanie,

    looks good. Was great to see you at Winter Wonders---took a gander at your site a few days ago, and I notice it's undergone another round of improvements---very spiffy!

    Always love to see what people do with my beads---mebbe we can do this again sometime...:)

    sylvus tarn
    rejiquar works

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melanie,

    didya know the preview throws away your comment? Bummer. Anyway, great to see you at Winter Wonders. Reminded me to take a gander at your site, which I notice has undergone another round of improvements---very spiffy!

    It's always fun to see what people do with my beads. Mebbe we can do this again some time...:)

    sylvus tarn
    rejiquar works

    ReplyDelete