May 14, 2006

Big Girl Knits

Check it out! My buttons are in a great new book called "Big Girl Knits" by Jillian Moreno and Amy R. Singer. The whole book is devoted to knitting techniques and patterns for the big gal, with special tips on fitting knits to particular body types.

My buttons are shown in the picture above, although it is a little hard to see the button detail. It was designed by the very talented Emma Crew, who sent me a swatch of yarn sometime last year to match buttons up with. I had no idea at the time that those raw materials would turn into such a beautiful garment! Seriously, I am in love with this sweater...the colors and design are exactly the kind of thing I would wear...anyone want to knit me one?

Congratulations to the writers and contributors to Big Girl Knits...I think you have a best seller on your hands!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so exciting! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey mel, you know i will knit one for you. :)

    nae

    ReplyDelete