March 30, 2006

Three Necklace ideas using Earthenwood Charms

I have been having fun working on finished jewelry design ideas using my beads. I really don't do this often enough, and it is so much fun! Since I stopped working at bead stores and working on my own, I haven't had the time to really play and experiment with beading, and I miss it.
Here are some design ideas I made using April's Newsletter Item of the Month: Charms. Please consider joining our mailing list to read more about items such as this every month! Also, check out our Etsy Shop for Charms on sale right now...
(below) Castile Blue Necklace & Bracelet Set. This set blends wirework and silk cord with Yellow Turquoise and Jonquil Satin Austrian crystals. The earthy yellows compliment the yellow tones of the glaze, and makes the subtle blue stand out even more. The variation in the colors of the silk provide texture to the jewelry.

(below) A necklace using two Antique Aqua charms with a double tiered effect. African turquoise, Jade, and Chrysolite Satin Austrian crystals work together to compliment the blue green tones of the Antique Aqua glaze. The inner strand of beads crimps on the sides, transforming into a single strand at the back.
(below) A third set in Denim, this one more casual and grey in tone. The Denim glaze works well with Czech green luster fire polish beads, Indian Sapphire Austrian crystals, and Silver Leaf Jasper coins. Detailed antiqued silver lentil beads and silver blue coin pearls complete the cool feel.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie,
    These are just beautiful!!!! And thanks for sharing your mold process - really interesting. I love working with clay, one of these day's I'll have to try it!
    Sue
    beadweaver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow ... I agree with sue!

    I love the butterfly & green turquoise bracelet. In that wanting kind of way. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! I love the texture and the versatility of these pieces.

    ReplyDelete