January 11, 2005

Candy and Pillows

I did some good work yesterday finishing up my glazing and loading and firing the kiln. When I finished all that work, I went to the fabric store where I stocked up on pillowforms cuz they were half off.

Also went to this little candy store that carries unusual and nostalgic candies. I just finished reading Candy Freak by Steve Almond and really enjoyed it! It is about small candy factories who struggle in the world of the Big Three giant candy producers. It was a very entertaining read and it was very relevant to the world of small businesses like mine in a Wallmart world. Plus it led me to some wonderful new (old) candy like Valomilks, Look Bars, Big Hunks, and Sky Bars. Any reason for me to try new candy is a good one for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment